E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research scientist in the field of optimization of optical systems and professional
optical designer of optical parts of the complex optical and optoelectronical
- Design of the Fresnel and the cylindrical lenses;
- Design of the Cooke triplet, the Tessar, the Petzval and the Double Gauss
- Design of the Catadioptric systems;
- Design of the two mirror telescopes: Cassagrain all types, Gregory;
- Design of various types of eyepieces (symmetrical, Erfle, ...);
- Design of the lens and the prism erecting systems;
- Design of the Kepler and the Galilean telescopes;
- Design of the collimator systems;Optical design of the following military
systems accepted as the standard armament:
- Light multipurpose night vision (passive) goggles;
- Integrated day - night gunners sight for armored personnel carrier;
- Fire control system for the antitank gun consisting of the following optical
parts: day and night (passive) integrated sight and laser range finder;
- Semiautomatic missile guidance system for the antitank rocket consisting
of the following optical parts:
- narrow field (Cassegrain) objective and
- wide field (Double Gauss) objective for CCD camera,
- day sight and
- passive (night) sight.
DEVELOPED COMPUTER PROGRAMS FOR OPTICAL DESIGN
- Program for the calculating aberrations in FORTRAN for the Digital Equipment
Corporation's PDP 11/34 in 1984.
- Program for the calculating aberrations and their graphical representation
in FORTRAN for the Control Data Corporation's CYBER 170 model 720. For the
graphical representation is used PLOT-10 (standard graphical library). Program
is developed in 1985.
- Program for:
- optical calculations;
- accepting measured data via HP-IB bus;
- comparing with the calculated data from the optical design;
- various graphical representations.
- Program is written in HP BASIC ver. 4.0 for the Hewlett Packard HP 9000
Technical workstation series 200 model 236 (HP 9836) in the period from 1986
- Program called ADOS (Automatic Design of Optical Systems) for the complete
design of the optical systems from the specification of the starting data
through ray trace, calculation of the Seidel third order aberrations, real
aberrations, spot diagrams and MTF, classical optimization using dumped least
squares, graphical representation of the optical system, its aberrations,
spot diagrams and MTF and preparation of the script file for the AutoCAD for
further (mechanical) design of the optical systems. Program is written for
the IBM PC AT compatibles and developed in the period from 1988 to 1990.
- Program called ATOS (Automatic Tolerancing of Optical Systems) for:
- calculating tolerances of the optical system elements according to
desired image quality;
- directly accepting measured data and comparing it with the design data;
- comparing influence of the any desired tolerance, class of the tolerances,
or all tolerances on performance of optical system.
- Program is written in ANSI C. User interface is programmed in X Windows
ver. 11 release 2 with the HP X Widgets. Graphical library is Starbase (standard
graphical HP library). Program is developed on Hewlett Packard HP 9000 Technical
workstation series 300 model 330 (2D Graphics Workstation) with HP-UX rev.
6.5 in the period from 1991 to 1993.
- Program for the global optimization of the optical systems using Genetic
Algorithms and Evolutionary Strategies as a part of the program ADOS from
1994 to 1997. Program and research is a part of Ph.D. Thesis.
M.Sc. Thesis with title "Contribution to the optimization of the design
of optical systems with personal computers" is done on the Faculty of the
Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade. In this thesis classical methods
in the optimization of the complex systems are shown. After detail mathematical
investigation dumped least squares method is chosen. This method is adapted
for the optimization of optical systems and whole program for designing and
optimization of optical systems are developed. Several types of objectives are
optimized and results are discussed.
Ph.D. Thesis with title "Possibility of applying genetic algorithms in
the optimization of the double Gauss objectives for passive night sights"
is done on the Faculty of the Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade.
In this Ph.D. Thesis modern methods in the optimization of the complex systems
are shown. Following methods for optimization are chosen: adaptive steady state
genetic algorithm, two membered evolution strategy, multimembered evolution
strategy which are adapted for, and with success applied in the optimization
of the optical systems. Great number of the optimizations of various types of
the objectives, which are used in military systems, is done. Results of the
optimization are compared with corresponding results of the optimization by
the dumped least squares method. Those optimization methods are very powerful
means, which allows lens designer more freedom in designing good optical systems
and in researching new ones.
INTERNATIONALLY PUBLISHED PAPERS
- Vasiljević D.: Optimization of the Cooke triplet with the various
evolution strategies and the damped least squares in Optical Design
and Analysis Software, Proceedings of SPIE vol.3780, pp. 207-215.
- Vasiljević D., Golobič J.: Analysis of various evolutionary
algorithms and the classical dumped least squares in the optimization of the
doublet in Second Online World Conference on Soft Computing in Engineering
Design and Manufacturing, P.K. Chawdhry, R. Roy, R. K. Pand (eds.), Soft
Computing in Engineering Design and Manufacturing, Springer Verlag 1998.
- Vasiljević D., Golobič J.: Comparison of the classical dumped
least squares and genetic algorithm in the optimization of the doublet in
Proc. of the 1st Online Workshop on Soft Computing, p.200-204, Nagoya
- Golobič J., Vasiljević D.: Memory elements based on an inducted
strain in polycarbonate, in Third International Conference on Intelligent
Materials and Third European Conference on Smart Structures and Materials,
Gobin P., Tatibouet J. ed., Proc. SPIE 2779, 414-418 (1996)
- Vasiljević D., Golobič J.: Optical system for reading memories
which are based on photoelas-ticity, Proc. of the Optics and Information,
6th topical meeting of the European Optical Society, 5.15, Mulhouse,France,1995
BOOK IN PRINT
1. Vasiljević D.: Classical and evolutionary algorithms in the optimization
of optical systems book will be published in book series: the Kluwer International
Series on GENETIC ALGORITHMS AND EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION. Book will be published
by Kluwer academic publishers.
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering - Optical design University of Belgrade,
M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering - Optical design University of Belgrade,
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering - Optical design University of Belgrade,